The Reading Room

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, May 7, 2021

Burn Marks, by Sara Paretsky

Burn Marks (V.I. Warshawski, #6)Burn Marks by Sara Paretsky

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Most of us who love reading have favorite authors we gravitate towards, writers whose works leave us wanting more. For me, Sara Paretsky is one of those writers, especially with her V.I. Warshawski series.

I'd bought most of the series, reading books out of order. But a while back (maybe a year or two ago), I decided to start at the beginning and read each V.I. Warshawski book in order. (Unfortunately, I'm still missing the very first in the series, Indemnity Only. I'll eventually have to pick up a copy.)

Burn Marks is memorable is its intensity, as well as pure V.I. When Vic's aunt Elena arrives at Vic's doorstep at 3 A.M. after a fire at the SRO where Elena stayed, V.I. is less than happy. To say that aunt Elena is not the easiest person to get along with is an understatement. But family is family.

Reluctantly, V.I. goes about trying to uncover the arsonist, while trying to find another place for her aunt. Of course, this puts V.I.'s life in danger while trying to tie up all the loose ends.

While Burn Marks is a book that can stand on its own, it's also one that any V.I. Warshawski fan should read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment