The Reading Room

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Fire Sale, by Sara Paretsky

Fire Sale (V.I. Warshawski, #12)Fire Sale by Sara Paretsky

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had tried reading Fire Sale by Sara Paretsky several years ago. At that time, I didn't get far with the book.

Fast forward to this year when I decided to give it another try; I'm glad I did.

When the girls' high school coach at her old high school has to retire due to illness, V.I. agrees to coach the team. This, in turn, leads her to retail conglomerate By-Smart's headquarters in the hopes of getting funding for her team.

It doesn't take long for Vic to stumble upon shady dealings and dirty actions by the family running By-Smart, causing the family's grandson to go into hiding with one of V.I.'s basketball players.

The twists, turns and backstabbing contribute to the deaths of several people, including the father of one of the players, and putting Marcie Love, Vic's lover ex-lover, in the hospital. Vic also nearly meets her end to keep her silent.

With more twists and turns than a Slinky (or a country road), Fire Sale is definitely must read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment